Sara Richmond is the chief strategist at Richmond Communications. When a project demands additional expertise or bandwidth, she calls on experts in her network.
Sara has 15+ years of experience in communications and change management. While she started her career as a counselor, she now applies her consultative skills and understanding of people to organizations and employees. Sara is especially passionate about technology and processes that enable companies to communicate and collaborate in remote and hybrid environments.
Sara's been providing freelance/contract services since 2016. Her clients have included Upwork, Powerley, Burkhart Advertising, Specialty Care, Covering Kids & Families of Indiana, and Policy Medical as well as clients of agencies such as Brilliant Ink and Torchlite.
- Employee Experience Lead (Narvar, 2022-2023)
- Director of Communications & Experience (Edelweiss, 2017-2022)
- Director of Marketing & Talent (Vennli, 2014-2016)
- Director of Talent Development, Consultant (Press Ganey, 2006-2014)
- Counselor & Program Manager (2003-2006)
- BA – University of Michigan
- MSEd – Purdue University
- MBA – Western Michigan University
- Change Management Professional (Acuity)
- Society of Human Resources Management Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP)
- Inbound Marketing Certification (Hubspot)
- Managing the Learning Function (Association for Talent Development)
“Her attention to detail is matched by her ability to think strategically and communicate effectively… Every project that Sara leads or is involved with is always successful!”
“Sara is respected at every level of our organization because of her ability to deliver whatever is asked of her, and she never ‘just’ delivers, she always goes above and beyond.”
~ K. Abair
“Sara displayed an incredible capacity for big picture thinking while at the same time a meticulous attention to detail that moved every project along efficiently and effectively. I have also sat in on many presentations delivered by Sara and, besides being impressed with her overall knowledge, found her to be one of the most effective speakers and communicators in a large group setting – showing wonderful poise and command of the audience. I would wholeheartedly recommend her as she is a quick study and wonderful to work with.”
~ V. Tikhtman
“Sara consistently managed and executed multiple complex projects simultaneously with the highest level of efficiency and accuracy. Her ability to think and plan ahead was an invaluable asset. Sara’s positive attitude and cheery disposition made her a pleasure to work with.”
~ C. Meyer